Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa has avacados in it and is very easy to make. I taught a Christmas Gift Giving class at a local stamping shop before Christmas and this was one of the recipes. They got to sample everything that was there and they all loved it. Serve it with corn chips or tortilla chips.
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1 red onion (minced)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 limes, juice of
- In a medium bowl, peel and dice the avacados; you want them ripe but on the underside of ripe, if you know what I mean.
- Mince the red onion and add to bowl.
- Dice the tomatoes and add to above; mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the cilantro, cumin, cayenne, salt, and water.
- Let sit for a few minutes; combine with the avacado mixture.
- Squeeze the juice of 2 limes over all and stir to coat.