Recipe by Lennie
It's rich, but it's fast and easy and delicious. I often serve it during the busy holiday season when we need a quick supper because we have to rush off somewhere.
Top Review by Jen T
Thanks Lennie....... Had to use pink salmon as that was all our local store had. Leftovers reheated well the next day with just a little more cream added. Certainly a cookbook keeper.
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can red salmon, preferably skinless/boneless
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions -- until al dente; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring cream to a boil; boil for 3 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Stir in one can of salmon (red looks best), drained well and bones removed, the cheese and the drained pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss lightly.
- Turn on your hot water tap until water runs hot and warm the bowl you will serve pasta in; pat dry.
- Place pasta in the serving dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onion and serve with extra parmesan to sprinkle on top.