1/1 Photo of Easy Salmon Loaf
1 hr 25 mins
This is an old, old recipe from my Aunt Jeanie-Beanie. I loved this one as a kid and my family enjoys it now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red salmon or 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon, drained, flake, and picked over
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1To make Salmon Loaf: Add milk and breadcrumbs to a bowl; stir to combine; set aside.
- 2In another bowl beat the egg yolks until thick and the color of lemons.
- 3Add in the breadcrumb mixture, lemon juice, salts, and pepper; stir to combine.
- 4Add in salmon; stir to combine; set aside.
- 5In yet, another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry; add to the salmon mixture; fold in gently.
- 6Spoon mixture into a greased 7 1/2 x 3 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- 7Bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- 8In the meantime, make white sauce: let the butter melt in a saucepan over low heat.
- 9Add in the flour and stir until smooth.
- 10Cook for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- 11Gradually pour in the milk; cook over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 12Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Cut salmon loaf into slices and serve with white sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Freshwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Salmon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 597.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g