Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love salmon loaves. I have tried several and this is my favorite.
- 16 ounces salmon, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
MEDIUM WHITE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all loaf ingredients together.
- Shape into loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Top with white sauce.
- Melt margarine in heavy saucepan.
- Add flour
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Add salt and pepper.
My husband loves salmon and said this is fabulous and insists that I make it again....SOON. He loved the white sauce too and thought it was a great addition. Thanks for sharing, mommyoffour.
alittle on the runny side,tell me how to overcome this