Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Serve this wonderful spread on top of Ritz crackers, I serve this on small oven-baked crispy crostini, that has been brushed with garlic butter before baking....the crostini can be baked even a day ahead, you can even use small dried bagel rounds. This makes approximately 2 cups, but you can easily double the recipe to serve a big crowd. Plan ahead the mixture has to chill for a minimum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours before serving. If you have any leftover spread, it will freeze well.
- 6 -7 ounces cooked flaked salmon, about 1 1/2 cups (you can use canned well-drained or leftover poached or baked salmon)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, package (half an 8-ounce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white horseradish
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or use 1/2 teaspooon dried, or to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a processor mix together the flaked salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice and horseradish; blend until just smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add in smoked salmon and dill; using on/off turns, blend JUST until salmon is finely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate mixture for 6-24 hours before serving or spreading on crackers or bread.