Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe my husband made and it was given to him from his mum. I am careful to not be tempted to make more than one dish per person or to add more cream / salmon as its already quite a rich dish. I serve with crusty bread.
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 7.
- Grease two small dishes with butter.
- Ruffle the salmon and arrange in the dish.
- Pour over half the cream in each pot (or perhaps a little less.
- Then crack one egg into each pot.
- Sprinkle with the black pepper.
- Cook in the oven for around 6-8 mins or until the eggs have set.
Makes a really great and quick breakfast or brunch. I served with two pieces of toast per serve, you are right that one per person is ideal.