Prep 6 hrs 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been experimenting with Liquid Smoke lately and found this great recipe. This can be made quickly, in advance, and taste great! Goes great with crackers, crudites or your favorite breadsticks. Prep time includings 6 hours chilling.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons grated green peppers
- 1⁄3 cup grated peeled cucumber, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon, skin and bones removed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cream all of the ingredients together except for the salmon and parsley.
- Fold into the salmon until well mixed.
- Chill overnight.
- Form into a firm ball and roll in the parsley mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
Very nice and easy recipe Mirj, I loved the subtle flavor of the liquid smoke. Next time I will leave out the cucumber because it made the ball a bit wet ...I will use more cucumber for garnish instead!!!