This is a recipe that I made for my father sense he is on a low carb diet. I served this with green beans and a big salad. This recipe is just what any low carb dieter needs!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with salt or minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 package dried au jus mix, seperated
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 can cambells cream of mushroom soup, not diluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk, low carb milk if on hand
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, garlic, onion, 1 tablespoon Aus Jus sauce mix, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and cumin.
- Meanwhile, preheat a medium sized skillet.
- Form the meat into 4 oval patties and place into the hot pan.
- Sear both sides of the patties without cooking them the whole way through and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F In a small bowl, mix together the cambells soup, milk, and almost the rest of the Au Jus sauce mix.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of a 9"-13" pan.
- Place the salisbury steaks in the pan and top with the rest of the sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or green beans for low carb diet.