Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tried and true recipe used on the green salad served by our church for their annual "Spaghetti Feed".
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 dash dry basil
- 1 dash celery seed
- Mix all ingredients in a covered container. Shake well.
- Let flavors meld and store in refrigerator at least 1 hour ahead of when you need it.
- Mix with green salad ingredients.
- (Also good on fruit salad).
Excellent dressing recipe, very easy and made with ingredients I always have on hand! Great last-minute go-to recipe!
Very good dressing, thick and sweet. Using the brown sugar gives a rich caramel taste to the dressing. Enjoyed this on lettuce side salads, and a main dish salad with grilled chicken strips.
Excellent! DH has to have orange salad dressings (why?) and this was a great change from the French. Thank you!