Recipe by LemurKat
Derived from my favourite fruitcake recipe, this is one I developed myself because I am currently very fond of the Rum N Raisin flavour. It was a big success with all my Tasters! I used Coke because cola and rum go well together, but ginger beer has been particularly successful for me in the past. If you wanted to modify it, a kilo of fruit mix or raisins could be used instead of a mix of both. I used chocolate coated peanuts/raisins instead of chocolate chips.
- 400 g dried fruit
- 400 g raisins
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 2 cups Diet Coke
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ground almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dried fruit, raisins and chocolate goodies into a bowl.
- Add rum extract to coke and pour over the fruit mixture.
- Leave to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir in 2 C of self-raising flour (sifted).
- Line baking tray with baking paper and pour in mixture. If you want a slice, spread it thinly (it's BIG), or if you'd prefer a fruitcake, use a lined loaf tin.
- Sprinkle with ground almonds.
- Bake at 160 degrees centigrade for around 45 minutes, or until cooked in the middle (if making it in a loaf tin).