Recipe by AcadiaTwo
LOL! Since this is a no bake recipe the rum balls are quite potent, and one surely needs a designated driver to eat them. Its been so long since I made them that I can't remember how many the recipe makes. Of course that may be a result of family and friends eating them as fast as they are made. When posting the recipe it made me post a number for the yield, hence the 24.
Top Review by LILLIANCOOKS
I've made these many times, but I used 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (melted) instead of the cocoa powder. Sometimes I coat these in grated coconut instead of powdered sugar...I like it that way the best because it tastes like a gourmet Mounds candy bar! This is always a big hit for Christmas! I added my photo!
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans (very finely ground)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup jamaican rum
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa, nuts and 1-cup of confectioner's sugar well.
- Add the corn syrup and rum. (mix well).
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Put into a tightly covered tin or metal container for at least 12-hours before serving.
- (cookies keep very well for 4-5 weeks).