Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and refreshing dessert I discovered in an old supermarket magazine.
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum (Bundeberg rum works well)
- 1 liter vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the walnuts on a baking tray and bake in oven for 10 minutes or till toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a pan combine raisins and rum. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes (or till heated through). Set aside, covered until cooled to room temperature.
- In a large bowl place ice-cream, walnuts and raisin mixture and stir with a metal spoon until just combined.
- Spoon ice-cream mixture into a metal container and cover with foil. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or until firm.