Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is super easy and tasty! My grandma used to make it with mashed potatoes and green beans as side dishes.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (fat free is ok)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 medium onion
- Cut off fat from round steak and cut into 3 x 3 inch pieces.
- Whisk water and mushroom soup together in a bowl, then pour just enough to thinly coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Place the pieces of round steak evenly around the pan.
- Cut onion into slices and place them evenly on top of the meat.
- Pour the rest of the mushroom soup mix on top of the round steak and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
It was an okay meal.
This was a really simple good meal. I seasoned my meat with some pepper before pouring the soup mixture over it. I also added about 3 TBS of sourcream to my mixture of soup and water. I also only cooked mine about an hour and it was cooked perfectly. I do recommend only using 1 can of soup unless you want A LOT of gravy. Thanks so much for sharing. Will be making this again. Created for Zaar Cookbook Tag. June 2010
This was great and easy cleanup, too. The meat was very tender. The only complaint I would have is that is was rather salty from the soup. Next time I'll use the low sodium. Looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow. Be sure and make mashed potatoes with it as there is a lot of gravy.