Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is super easy and tasty! My grandma used to make it with mashed potatoes and green beans as side dishes.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb round steak
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (fat free is ok)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 medium onion
- Cut off fat from round steak and cut into 3 x 3 inch pieces.
- Whisk water and mushroom soup together in a bowl, then pour just enough to thinly coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.
- Place the pieces of round steak evenly around the pan.
- Cut onion into slices and place them evenly on top of the meat.
- Pour the rest of the mushroom soup mix on top of the round steak and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
This was a really simple good meal. I seasoned my meat with some pepper before pouring the soup mixture over it. I also added about 3 TBS of sourcream to my mixture of soup and water. I also only cooked mine about an hour and it was cooked perfectly. I do recommend only using 1 can of soup unless you want A LOT of gravy. Thanks so much for sharing. Will be making this again. Created for Zaar Cookbook Tag. June 2010
Super easy and tasty. I diced my onions and sautéed them with sliced mushrooms and put them on the bottom of the pan b4 adding the meat. I also put halved potatoes around the pan before pouring in the gravy. Super tasty and simple but looks impressive! Thanks for sharing!
It was an okay meal.