4 hrs 10 mins
This is a recipe my mom has made for years -- it's so simple and requires so few ingredients, it is one of my favorite comfort foods! I serve it over mashed potatoes and a slice of bread like an open faced sandwich, but it is also good over hot cooked egg noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs round steaks, cut in serving size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1Preheat oven to 275.
- 2Line a 9X13 baking pan with foil.
- 3Place meat in bottom of pan.
- 4Mix soup, dry soup mix, and ginger ale together in a small bowl.
- 5Pour soup mixture over meat.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 4 hours, or until meat is tender and cooked through. (cooking the meat on such a low heat for a long period of time helps make it tender and fall apart).
- 7You can also make this in the crockpot -- just mix all the ingredients, pour in the crockpot, and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender depending on your individual crockpot's cooking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Round Steak
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 1096.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 48.3 g