Recipe by NancyDrew
This is one we've been making around our house forever...one of my husband's FAVORITES!! There are no measurements for ingredients because it's all adaptable to your own tastes.
- 2 lbs boneless round roast, have your butcher slice this into thin, wide strips
- chopped onion
- diced bacon (do not cook first)
- oil or shortening
- flour or cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard on each slice of meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with chopped onion and bacon.
- Roll meat and secure with a couple toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven (or any deep, oven-safe pot with a lid).
- Brown meat rolls in oil until browned well on each side.
- Add approximately 1 cup of water to the pan, cover and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove the meat and thicken drippings with flour or cornstarch to make gravy.
- Add sour cream to gravy, heat thoroughly but do not boil.