3 hrs 15 mins
This is one we've been making around our house forever...one of my husband's FAVORITES!! There are no measurements for ingredients because it's all adaptable to your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 250.
- 2Spread a thin layer of mustard on each slice of meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Top with chopped onion and bacon.
- 4Roll meat and secure with a couple toothpicks.
- 5Heat oil in a dutch oven (or any deep, oven-safe pot with a lid).
- 6Brown meat rolls in oil until browned well on each side.
- 7Add approximately 1 cup of water to the pan, cover and bake for 3 hours.
- 8Remove the meat and thicken drippings with flour or cornstarch to make gravy.
- 9Add sour cream to gravy, heat thoroughly but do not boil.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Rouladen
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 153.5 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless round roast