Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one we've been making around our house forever...one of my husband's FAVORITES!! There are no measurements for ingredients because it's all adaptable to your own tastes.
- 2 lbs boneless round roast, have your butcher slice this into thin, wide strips
- chopped onion
- diced bacon (do not cook first)
- oil or shortening
- flour or cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 250.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard on each slice of meat; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with chopped onion and bacon.
- Roll meat and secure with a couple toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven (or any deep, oven-safe pot with a lid).
- Brown meat rolls in oil until browned well on each side.
- Add approximately 1 cup of water to the pan, cover and bake for 3 hours.
- Remove the meat and thicken drippings with flour or cornstarch to make gravy.
- Add sour cream to gravy, heat thoroughly but do not boil.