Recipe by marisk
I've always loved potatoes; maybe because it's hard to ruin them while cooking :) This is how I make them when I just don't feel much like cooking. The seasonings are mostly to taste--these are just estimates. I don't add salt because some of the seasonings used already have salt in them.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 -6 yukon gold potatoes, bite size pieces (these potatoes run 2-4 inches in length here)
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt (the kind with parsley in it)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet (I use a heavy non-stick skillet).
- Add potatoes to pan, stir to coat. (This is where you would add the onions if you were going to).
- Add seasonings after a couple of minutes. Stir.
- Continue cooking and occasionally stirring until done -- about 5-10 minutes (it will depend on the heat level and the size of your potato chunks).
- Sometimes I add sliced onions and sprinkle a little soy sauce on this; then garnish with a sprinkling of chopped cilantro (if I'm not feeling too lazy!