Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home
Make and share this Easy Ropa Vieja Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 large green peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, coarsely chopped
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides. Transfer meat to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onions and peppers. Combine tomatoes, water, garlic, cilantro, beef bouillon, pepper, cumin and oregano; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove beef; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices; stir in olives. Shred beef with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.