Recipe by KGCOOK
This is wonderful on ham! Use as a side sauce at the table for guest to flavor to their taste! I found this recipe in our local newspaper in 2005
- 1 cup root beer (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, whisk together ingredients.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook uncovered until mixture reduces in half (about 15 to 20 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Brush half of sauce on ham prior to baking.
- Brush remaining sauce over ham just as it comes out of the oven.
- For a lighter flavor, only brush ham with 1/4 of the glaze before going into the oven and 1/4 of the glaze coming out.
- Offer the rest of the glaze to guests at the table to flavor their own ham to their liking!