Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a Jiffy cookbook I have. Very simple.
- 1 (7 ounce) box Jiffy white cake mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast (1 envelope)
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Mix cake mix and yeast.
- Add Salt, then warm water.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and make into 16 dinner or clover leaf rolls.
- Place on baking sheet, brush with butter, cover and let rise 1 hour or until or until double in bulk.
- Bake for 20 minute or until lightly browned.
I couldnt find Jiffy cake mix in my area so I doubled the batch and just used a reg size cake mix the first time I made them. I made these for Christmas dinner using a pineapple cake mix and heated about a cup of pineapple juice to mix with the water..they were awesome! Almost like hawaain bread...yummmmm
These are awesome. They have that hint of sweetness that the chain steakhouse rolls often have. I served them with baked ham sandwiched in them and it was terrific.