Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
there really is no exact measuring to this recipe, amounts I have listed are only a guideline you may decrease or increase all amounts to suit you taste, I just purchase a small chub of pepperoni pizza and then chop about half of it for this recipe, and I have also made this using all-beef salami --- make certain to seal up the edges of the bread dough or pizza dough tightly before baking or the cheese will run out --- I have made this with bread dough and also with pizza dough, although the pizza dough was great the bread dough was better, you have a choice of either one you desire
- 1 (1 lb) frozen bread dough, loaf completely thawed (such as Rhodes bread dough, or can use one 13 7/8 ounce package refrigerated prepared pizza crust, s)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil (or as needed)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 1⁄4 lb pizza pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out the thawed bread dough into a rectangle then cover with a clean tea towel and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil, then sprinkle with black pepper and Italian seasoning, then sprinkle the chopped pepperoni over the top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni then top with Parmesan cheese.
- Roll up the dough in jelly-roll fashion, then pinch the long seam and the two ends tightly to seal completely.
- Brush the outside of the dough with olive oil.
- Place seam-side down onto baking pan then sprinkle a small amount of kosher salt over the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Yummy, fast, and easy. This made for a great weekend lunch on a cold day.