Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are absolutey delicious and so easy to make! You can even purchase the jumbo crescent rolls and double the amounts of the filling ingredients. You can omit the dressing if desired. Just make certain to hand-squeeze the sauerkraut out well.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 4 -5 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 12 -14 ounces corned beef, shredded
- 2 -3 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and seperate.
- Spread each triangle with about 1 teaspoon dressing.
- Top with shredded corned beef, then grated cheese, and then the sauerkraut.
- Roll up from large end to small end.
- Place on cookie sheet with the point end facing downwards.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
I have to admit I cheated a bit on this recipe. Since I don't like refrigerated dough I modified my own recipe for Lorilyn's Dinner Roll Dough. I made the dough with rapid rise yeast, 1 cup of rye flour (in place of 1 cup of white) & a Tablespoon of carraway seeds. Then followed the rest of the instructions here. My family went crazy over these reuben stuffed crescents. We'll be making these again & again. I fully intended to serve these as an appy but after the first pan came out of the oven & promptly disappeared I knew that I shouldn't bother with an actual dinner. They scarfed down the entire 24 rolls, well, I helped. ;) & now no one is hungry anymore. lol Thanks for such a great inspiration Kitt! Made in memory of John. December 2008 Kittencal Cookathon.
My family really enjoyed these tasty, little crescents. These are a nice treat to munch on while watching television, or playing a game of Poker. I made these in memory of John, Cookathon for Kittencal.