This is the easiest and tastiest way for us to roast veggies. We always make tons and devour them at one sitting. The large pieces allow the kids to see what they are eating and they are large enough that they can eat selectively. It's also good for busy nights because I can do the prep ahead of time and it cooks quickly. A variation we love is to mix these with Orzo and parmesan cheese - just EEEEEEEEVIL. I should warn that my oven is older than me - and that is pretty old according to my son. It gets a bit flaky re: temps so keep an eye on these. Some people have had different results with cooking time.
- 3 medium summer squash
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all purpose Greek seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Into a large bowl, cut up squash and zucchini into 1 to 1.5 inch cubes.
- Add red bellpepper in same size or larger pieces.
- Quarter the onion and add to bowl, breaking layers up with fingers.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Add to bowl.
- Add olive oil and all purpose greek seasoning. Toss thoroughly to coat. Marinate or cook immediately - yummy either way.
- Put in a jelly roll pan in a single layer. We make so much this is not easy to do and it won't hurt if its crowded in there.
- Bake at 400-450 until tops are getting browned. Takes about 15-20 minutes. I also will flip my broiler on since we love the caramelized bits.