1/1 Photo of Easy Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
1 hr 5 mins
I made this up and was so pleased at how good and easy to prepare it was, I wanted to share it. You can mix the variety of tomatoes you use. If all you have is hot house tomatoes, roasting them is a great way to bring out some flavor. You can adjust the amount of garlic, but more is better. I used prepared basil pesto sauce, but you can use your own. You can use any heart healthy oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Slice tomatoes and onions into wedges.
- 4Peel garlic cloves.
- 5Place tomatoes, onion, and garlic on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with oil and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and puree in a food processor or blender in batches. Add to a soup pot.
- 7Pour in vegetable broth.
- 8Stir in pesto.
- 9Cook over low heat until heated through. About 20 minutes.
- 10Top with fresh basil cut into ribbons if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Roasted Tomato Pesto Soup
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: