Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like Tilapia especially for its nutty flavors. This is a very easy and fast recipe to roast Tilapia, which brings out all the delicious flavors of tilapia. Serve with pasta, salad or bread.
- Drizzle lemon juice over Tilapia fillet. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add thyme and garlic.
- Roast fillet on medium high heat on each side for about 3 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove fillet from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onion slices to pan and cook until soft for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve fillet with onion slices.
- NOTE: Can easily be adapted for more than 1 serving. Just increase the amount of ingredients to your needs, but use as less oil as possible and do not use more than 8 sprigs thyme and 2 cloves garlic for one pan.
Easy and tasty. I doubled most of the ingredients for 4 fillets.
This was so easy and so flavorful. My picky husband even liked it!
What a delicious recipe! It was a big hit at our table. The only thing I did different was to add a little white wine after the onions were cooked to deglaze the pan, and get all that wonderful carmel colored stuff off the bottom of the pan. It really made the onions sweeter, more golden in color, and was the perfect flavor compliment to the fish. When DH says he wants a fish recipe again, I put it in my favorite fish cookbook! Thanks Thorsten.