1/1 Photo of Easy Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
1 hr 20 mins
Healthy and easy to fix; unbelievable flavor! Serve each tomato with steamed zucchini and carrots for a balanced dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Italian Blend
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fat free sodium free chicken broth
- 2 cups instant rice, cooked in microwave
- 1Cut off top of each tomato. Scoop out interiors and set tomatoes aside. Puree scooped interiors in food processor. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning inside the wells of each tomato, and also into puree mix.
- 2Brown turkey with chopped onions and bell peppers. Stir in minced garlic and Mrs. Dash Seasonings while cooking. While turkey is browning, cook rice in microwave per directions on package. DO NOT add salt.
- 3When turkey is done, reduce heat to medium low and stir in tomato paste. Add pureed tomato sauce from your food processor. Use about 1/2 cup of sodium free chicken broth to thin mixture to your preference as it cooks. When rice is done, mix it in the skillet with turkey and vegetables. Reduce to Simmer and continue cooking. Stir frequently. Add additional seasoning to your preference.
- 4When mixture is done, spray a baking pan with olive oil flavored FAT FREE cooking spray. Cover interior with tin foil, and spray the tin foil with olive oil flavored cooking spray. Insert a drip rack into baking pan and place tomatoes on rack. Stuff each with mixture, top off with chopped spring onions and a dash of dried parsley. Sprinkle each with a bit of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese if desired.
- 5Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes. Tomatoes will be firm but fork tender when done.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...
Nutritional Facts for Easy Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free sodium free chicken broth