Recipe by elastigirl
Based on the recipe on the back of the Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles, but made meatless.
Top Review by dianegrapegrower
This was so easy, and good. Highly dependent on your choice of jarred sauce - I used Bertolli's Basil/Tomato Sauce. (top rated by Cook's Illustrated taste test). Next time I will add a bit of garlic, since the sauce didn't seem to have that. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 (26 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce (marinara and garlic-herb varieties are best)
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of baking pan.
- Layer 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, 1/2 of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 of roasted red peppers, and 1 cup of sauce.
- Layer 4 uncooked noodles, 1/3 of ricotta mixture, and 1-1/2 cup sauce.
- Layer 4 uncooked noodles, the rest of the ricotta mixture, remaining mushrooms and roasted red peppers, and 1 cup of sauce.
- Layer 4 uncooked noodles, remaining sauce, and parmesan and remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.