Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Roasted garlic can be purchased in jars at most supermarkets, but the flavor isn't the same as homemade and roasting it yourself is a really economical and easy way to add a richer, deeper flavor to any dish that calls for garlic.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Well now, just how much easier could the great taste of garlic get than in this recipe! As with mama smurf, I doubled the recipe & am so glad I did, 'cause I have plans to use it in several recipes! It already found its way into another of your posted recipes, recipe #420925 #420925! Thanks for posting it, Tink! [Made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!' (well, not quite!)]
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the loose, outer layers of papery skin from the garlic bulb.
- Slice off the top of the bulb, about 1/4 - 1/2. Cut enough to expose the top of the cloves but still leave the bulb intact.
- Tear off a 12-inch square piece of foil, place the garlic bulb in the center and drizzle it with a Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bring the edges of foil up and around garlic, wrapping tightly, and bake in the oven at 325° F for 35 minutes.
- Remove packet and carefully unwrap garlic.
- Squeeze each clove of garlic out of it's skin and use as needed or store in a zip-top baggie in fridge or freezer for later use.