Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roasted garlic can be purchased in jars at most supermarkets, but the flavor isn't the same as homemade and roasting it yourself is a really economical and easy way to add a richer, deeper flavor to any dish that calls for garlic.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove the loose, outer layers of papery skin from the garlic bulb.
- Slice off the top of the bulb, about 1/4 - 1/2. Cut enough to expose the top of the cloves but still leave the bulb intact.
- Tear off a 12-inch square piece of foil, place the garlic bulb in the center and drizzle it with a Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bring the edges of foil up and around garlic, wrapping tightly, and bake in the oven at 325° F for 35 minutes.
- Remove packet and carefully unwrap garlic.
- Squeeze each clove of garlic out of it's skin and use as needed or store in a zip-top baggie in fridge or freezer for later use.
Well now, just how much easier could the great taste of garlic get than in this recipe! As with mama smurf, I doubled the recipe & am so glad I did, 'cause I have plans to use it in several recipes! It already found its way into another of your posted recipes, Roasted Garlic and Smoked Paprika Potato Salad #420925! Thanks for posting it, Tink! [Made & reviewed just for the 'halibut!' (well, not quite!)]
Made this for New Kids on the Block Tag game. So simple and easy. I doubled the batch and then put in the fridge for future recipes. I did mix a clove with some butter and we spread it on some french bread and broiled for a few minutes...yummo! Thank you for an easy recipe.