Roasted garlic can be purchased in jars at most supermarkets, but the flavor isn't the same as homemade and roasting it yourself is a really economical and easy way to add a richer, deeper flavor to any dish that calls for garlic.
My Private Note
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Remove the loose, outer layers of papery skin from the garlic bulb.
- 3Slice off the top of the bulb, about 1/4 - 1/2. Cut enough to expose the top of the cloves but still leave the bulb intact.
- 4Tear off a 12-inch square piece of foil, place the garlic bulb in the center and drizzle it with a Tablespoon of olive oil.
- 5Bring the edges of foil up and around garlic, wrapping tightly, and bake in the oven at 325° F for 35 minutes.
- 6Remove packet and carefully unwrap garlic.
- 7Squeeze each clove of garlic out of it's skin and use as needed or store in a zip-top baggie in fridge or freezer for later use.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.9 g