1/3 Photos of Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
fast and easy, sweet and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2peel and cube the butternut squash (this step disappears if you can buy it already peeled and cut either in half or cubed).
- 3toss the squash in a bowl with 1/2 - 1 Tbsp oil (I use light olive oil or Enova), 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 - 2 tsp maple syrup.
- 4pour everything into a baking pan and roast until done - about 30 - 40 minutes. If you have the oven on lower it will, obviously, just take a little longer! When it's done it is soft and steamy and sweet. You can also mash this, if you like, adding a little margarine or butter to taste. Once you try this, you can decide if you want to use another teaspoons of maple syrup. If you don't have syrup, brown sugar (or lite brown sugar) would work too. I have not tried the new Spenda Brown sugar yet.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Roasted Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g