Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The sauce gives this one-dish supper a special, slightly sweet, taste. Use your favourite sausages and the best new potatoes you can find.
- 750 g baby new potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 plump sausages
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 150 ml sweet cider
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (or 400 F).
- Put the potatoes into a roasing tin, drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and nestle the sausages in between the potatoes so they sit on the bottom of the pan.
- Roast for another 15 minutes, turning the sausages halfway through so they brown on all sides.
- While the sausages are cooking, gently heat the marmalade, mustard and cider ina small pan.
- Stir until the marmalade has melted, then increase the heat and boil for a few minutes, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and potatoes.
- Toss gently, then return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
This was delicious. I did double the recipe as I wanted leftovers for my husbands work dinner. Was not able to get my hands on cider, so I subbed with apple juice. Also wasn't quite sure where the rosemarie fit in since there was no direction for it, so I added it in the roasting process of the potatoes.