Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK;
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (3 lb) top sirloin beef roast, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Whisk soup and tomato paste together in slow cooker; stir in mushrooms.
- Season meat with salt and pepper and nestle into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until beef is tender and registers 120 to 125 degrees (for med-rare), 2-3 hours on LOW.
- Transfer roast to carving board, tent with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Using large spoon, skim excess fat from surface of gravy.
- Whisk in parsley and butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice meat thin against grain; serve with gravy.