Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great sweet peanut butter snack recipe found on about.com
- 118.29 ml marshmallow cream
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 48 Ritz crackers
- 295.73 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut or 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- Spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter on 24 of the Ritz crackers.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Marshmallow Creme on remaining crackers.
- Sandwich crackers together, using one peanut butter and one marshmallow, then dip in melted chocolate or white chocolate (almond bark), and roll in coconut or finely chopped nuts to coat.
- Set crackers on waxed paper and let stand until chocolate sets. Store in air-tight container for up to one week.
The marshmallow cream makes all the defference in this cookie. I've had the kind that has only peanut butter for the filling and it really lacks the proper texture and sweetness. This is the only recipe I use.
I omitted the marshmallow and coconuts simply because I was in a pinch and didn't have any. We had a ball decorating the outside with sprinkles. Great recipe for a quick cookie fix.