- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2⁄3 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and saute 1 minute.
- Add rice, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in water, bouillon, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes (don't lift the lid!).
- Remove saucepan from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Rice should be tender but slightly firm, and the mixture should be creamy (if necessary, stir in a little hot water to reach desired consistency).
- Stir in parmesan cheese.