from the "Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook"
Make and share this Easy Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add onion and saute 1 minute.
- Add rice, then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in water, bouillon, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes (don't lift the lid!).
- Remove saucepan from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Rice should be tender but slightly firm, and the mixture should be creamy (if necessary, stir in a little hot water to reach desired consistency).
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
Very good. Found this in my BH&G cookbook and I use it for a quick side dish.
I made this for an emergency side dish tonight when I discovered I was out of potatoes. I think it's going to become my new standard rice dish. I thought it could have used some salt, but that's probably because I used homemade chicken stock, which I don't salt. I also added a little chopped green pepper and a bit of garlic in with the onion. I'm so glad I found this recipe.
This was a lovely risotto and so easy. Instead of the water and chicken bouillon I used chicken stock and used the parmesan cheese. Wonderful flavour, I will be making this again, thanks for posting.