bluemoon downunder's Note:
An easy everyday recipe, ideal for a midweek meal, adapted from a recent issue of the Australian 'New Idea'. Frittata can be made up to two days ahead, and kept covered in the refrigerator. Canned salmon can be used in place of the smoked salmon. Use leftover portions in packed take-to-work or take-to-school lunches. This is also an ideal recipe for taking on picnics and to potlucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup risoni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100 g smoked salmon, finely chopped (about 4 oz)
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup paul newman's own whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or to taste)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra paul newman's own whole egg mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
- salad greens or baby spinach leaves, to serve
- 6 crusty rolls, to serve
- 1Grease a 19cm x 30cm (71/2" x 12") pan and line the sides and the base with baking paper.
- 2Add pasta to a large pot of boiling, salted water and boil, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 3Add the peas, salmon, spring onions and lemon zest and stir with the pasta until the mixture is well-combined; stir in the eggs and the mayonnaise; add the dill, salt and pepper, to taste; and transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- 4Cook, uncovered, in a moderate oven (180°C/350°F-375°F/4-5 gas mark) for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm; stand in the pan for a further 10 minutes before cutting.
- 5If serving the frittata with warmed crusty rolls, warm them in the oven for the last few minutes that the frittata is cooking and leave them in the oven after you have turned it off and remove just before serving the frittata.
- 6Serve the frittata warm or cold topped with extra mayonnaise and salad greens or baby spinach leaves and warmed crusty rolls.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Risoni Salmon Frittata With Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.4 mg
- Sodium 679.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g