Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fast way to make spaghetti after work. I know lots of people don't care for the prepared sauces, but there are some good ones out there. It makes it so much easier to make. The ricotta dresses up the dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 3 tablespoons sausage drippings
- 1 (26 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Parmesan and Romano or make your own)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- In a skillet heat the sausage drippings, then brown your hamburger meat.
- Drain meat and return to skillet.
- Add spaghetti sauce and brown sugar, heat on low while spaghetti cooks.
- When pasta is ready, put in warmed bowls, top with sauce, add three tablespoons of ricotta to each bowl, Stir ricotta into the sauce and top with Parmesan cheese.
I was planning a romantic dinner for my boyfriend and me, but I couldn't decide what to make. Of course, I turned to the tried and true Recipezaar. The ricotta spaghetti sounded good, and I knew I could trust Elizabeth's recipes, as I have used them many times before. So I made it, and it was easy and fabulous. My boyfriend really liked it, too. Thank you Elizabeth for the romance help.....let's just say I owe you one ;)
Wow! It was easy and tasted really good! This is a good meal if you don't have a lot of time, but don't want to sacrifice taste. (It's good as leftovers, too!)
Sorry, it's just my personal taste. I quess I found I prefer ricotta in lasagna rather than spaghetti...