Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are so easy, but so so so so good and moist. Don't skimp on the ingredients... use the dutch processed cocoa... you'll never ever use anything else!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm.
- Cool before cutting into squares.
I made these brownies today. I didn't have the Dutch cocoa though, so I had to use regular cocoa. Other than that, went by recipe exactly. Even down to the timing. They were very good and was an easy, quick recipe.