- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts if desired. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are firm.
- Cool before cutting into squares.