"This is the best and easiest rice pudding recipe I have tried. This recipe can also be cut in half. It is creamy, delicious, and doesn't take anything but a periodic stir of the pot. It makes a huge amount and actually feeds more than 18 if you only serve 1/2 cup servings. But everyone that has tried it wants more. My family thinks it's "Da Bomb" - even my son who refuses raisins eats every morsel."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cooked and cooled rice (preferably medium grain, but long grain will work)
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 4 cups milk (I use skim or 1%)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (use freshly grated for a world of difference)
- 1Into a large, heavy-bottomed pan, mix together all ingredients. On medium heat, stir occasionally while mixture comes to a simmer.
- 2Continue stirring regularly throughout the process. You don't have to stir constantly, but you can't just walk away for very long either.
- 3Once at a simmer turn down heat and continue to stir periodically. Allow to thicken to a creamy consistency (about 25-30 minutes).
- 4Don't let it get too thick. It should be only slightly thicker than a hearty cream soup. If it gets much thicker it will be too thick when it cools. Serve as desired, whether hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Rice Pudding for a Crowd (Can Be Halved)
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 56.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g