Recipe by Sarah Hamm
I like this recipe because it is easy, quick (compared to other rice pudding recipes), and uses ingredients you probably always have around the house...and it's good!
Top Review by Kim1
Made this and it is so easy to make and wonderful. I doubled the recipe and cooked it for 15 minutes longer. Also did not add any Raisins. And then added more Cinnamon after it got out of the oven. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice (short or long-grain)
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs or 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (whole or 2%)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom or 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (whatever you prefer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water and rice to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 14 min.
- All water should be absorbed.
- (alternately, use 1 cup of leftover cooked rice).
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs in ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir in sugar, raisins, milk, salt, and spice.
- Stir in rice.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir well.
- It will still be pretty wet.
- Let set for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- (I like it better chilled!).