Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
It does not come easier than this. I got this recipe from Real Simple February 2007. The better quality the ice cream is, the better the pudding is. If you don't want to add cinnamon, add a few drops of vanilla extract, a handful of crushed pistachios, or some chopped crystalized ginger. If you would like you could try dulce de leche or another favorite ice cream flavor. If you use leftover rice, warm it fist and add an additional 1/4 cup ice cream.
- 2 cups instant rice (such as Minute Rice)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream, unmelted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more
- ground cinnamon, for garnishig (optional)
- Prepare the rice according to the package directions.
- Uncover add the ice cream and cinnamon.
- Divide the pudding among individual serving bowls.
- Garnish with additional cinnamon.