Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
The fried onion makes this recipe. Originally made with Vegeta or Delikat , a food seasoning. Chicken cube will work just fine. As it's quite salty no salt needed.
- Rinse the rice under water about 2 or 3 times.
- Add the oil to the pot and add the onion.
- When starting to get a light brown color add the rice.
- Add water to just cover the top of the rice.
- Add chicken cube and pepper.
- The pot is covered and is left on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- The rice should be checked on to insure the water has not boiled off.
- If the water is low, add more.
- After 30 minutes, the rice should be done.
- If there is too much water , leave the cover off and leave on heat for a few more minutes to allow the water to boil off.
Easy peasy for sure. The only change I made was in the cooking process. I had the oven on for something else, so I added it in to cook along with it. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
Yummy rice!!! I made this along with your citrus chicken recipe for dinner, great combo!! I used Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base in place of the cube, so did add some salt. This made alot more than 2 servings in our household, more like 4. Both 17 yo DS and I enjoyed the rice. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag.
Simple and wonderful! I will use this recipe again as we love rice pilaf and this one is a winner! Thanks for sharing!