Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another one from crenita2 at the yahoo group ricecookerrecipes. I need to share the rice cooker fun with everyone. Enjoy.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 473.18 ml water
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 226.79 g package zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt
- 78.07 ml chopped cashews
- Hit Cook and place oil in pan then Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add curry powder; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, Jambalaya Mix chicken and raisins mix well.
- Close Lid and hit COOK after cooker switched over to Warm turn off the Rice cooker and stir in yogurt. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews.
I made this and it was delicious :) However, I have to say that I did not cook mine long enough. Remember to cook it a little extra long to ensure that the chicken is completely cooked and the rice is tender.
This was super easy and very delicious! My husband and I devoured it! I accidentally used the cheesy jambalaya mix, and I think it would be even better if I had made it correctly.
I doubled the recipe and used precooked chicken. I used about 3 tablespoons of the curry and about a tablespoon of turmeric powder. I didn't have plain yogurt, so I used one 8 ounce container of vanilla yogurt made with coconut milk, and then I put in a scoop of sour cream. I used coconut oil to cook the onion and garlic. I had to put it thru two cycles in the cooker and stirred it in between cycles. It was still a bit liquidy, so I kept it on "warm" for about ten minutes while I heated up some bread in the oven. It smelled delicious while it was cooking, the results were not disappointing! It was delicious, and my whole family enjoyed it! I will definitely make this again!