Another one from crenita2 at the yahoo group ricecookerrecipes. I need to share the rice cooker fun with everyone. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cashews
- Hit Cook and place oil in pan then Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add curry powder; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato sauce, Jambalaya Mix chicken and raisins mix well.
- Close Lid and hit COOK after cooker switched over to Warm turn off the Rice cooker and stir in yogurt. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews.
I made this and it was delicious :) However, I have to say that I did not cook mine long enough. Remember to cook it a little extra long to ensure that the chicken is completely cooked and the rice is tender.
This was super easy and very delicious! My husband and I devoured it! I accidentally used the cheesy jambalaya mix, and I think it would be even better if I had made it correctly.
I cannot believe how amazing this is. I didn't have jambalaya mix, so I made my own from a recipe I found somewhere else. INCREDIBLE. I thought I was in India, even though I have never been to India.