Super simple dish I came up with to use some hamburger. Mix and match veggies as your family desires. This is one of those dishes that even the kids will eat! It has a light Asian flair to it with out being "Chinese".
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon minced dry onion
- 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- 3 ounces match stick carrots
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion, drain.
- add bullion and remaining ingredients except vegetables.
- You can substitute beef broth for the water and bullion. Adjust water as needed for they type of rice you're using.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer until rice is done, remove from heat.
- Add veggies, cover and let sit until vegetables are tender crisp.
This was okay for us..... I found it didn't have much flavor..... I also used red, green and yellow peppers instead of just red..... This is a really quick and easy recipe that has lots of potential.... Next time I prepare it, I'll be adding lots more spices and I'll also be cooking the veggies with the rice instead of after.... The rice dried out after adding the veggies and cooking longer..... Thanks so much for sharing.... It's a great way to use ground beef....