Recipe by Katha
Got a few rhubarb plants from my neighbor. Wanted to try something different or at least I thought. Found this in a old church cookbook. Everyone who tried it was impressed--even non rhubarb eaters.
Top Review by tajgood1
Wow--everyone loved this! I bought some rhubarb from the Farmer's Market and this was my first time to use rhubarb. I made it with raspberry jello as the other reviewer suggested. Very easy to make--and tastes like it was difficult. Thanks for a great recipe--I'll use it anytime I get rhubarb!
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut fine
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rhubarb and water till boiling.
- Add sugar.
- Let mixture come to a rolling boil.
- Boil 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Jello and stir well.
- Remove from heat.
- When mixture is almost cool (fruit won't come to the top), put in small freezer containers or small margarine containers.
- Freeze some and keep rest in refrigerator.