This is an easy cobbler to put together and one I have been making for years, I find that one cup of sugar is the perfect amount for my taste if you prefer a less sweeter and more tart taste then reduce the sugar by a couple of tablespoons.
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix the rhubarb and 1 cup sugar, and place in the baking dish.
- To make the cobbler batter: combine flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter to make a crumbly mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk/combine the egg and half and half cream.
- Add to the dry ingredients; stir with a fork to create a stiff batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top the rhubarb/sugar mixture in the baking dish (does not have to cover completely).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.
This is easy as cobbler!!!! :) This makes a really good cobbler crust! I had 3 cups of rhubarb so I substituted the rest of the fruit with strawberries. Since I did that, I left out a couple TBSP sugar as suggested. I cut my rhubarb smaller than 1/2-inch pieces and I'm glad I did because with this baking time, they were still crisp but al dente crisp so it was good. I love how quick and easy this was to make, thanks!!!!
Once again, I knew I could count on Kittencal! This was really really good! I made 1 1/2 recipes and it worked out well. I didnt have quite enough rhubarb, but the biscuit was so good it didn't matter! I am looking forward to trying this with other fruit this summer. Beats the pants off my bisquick cobble! Thanks again for posting!
this was so easy and delicious, i loved it!!! great combo of tart, sweet and biscuity!