Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my friend and co-worker, Trish. It is a moist and delicious cake. Can also substitute any other fruit for the rhubarb. *The brand name cake mix, eggs, water & oil listed are just a suggestion that was required to analyze the nutritional values. Any brand yellow cake mix will work as well, just be sure and follow the directions on that box for mixing their specific amounts and ingredients of eggs, water, oil or butter instead of what I have listed.*
- 1 (1 lb) box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, water & oil together as directed on cake mix box.
- Pour into deep 9X13 pan.
- Top with the rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the top of rhubarb.
- Pour the heavy cream over the top of entire mixture.
- Place the pan on a cookie sheet or foil to protect your oven (batter might spill over if the pan is not deep enough).
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until the top is a golden brown.
- Top with whipped cream to serve (optional).
I made this with WildlifeDi's Vanilla Cake recipe and it was SO DELICIOUS!!!
YUM!!! Really great recipe, thanks for sharing.