Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a sauerkraut lover, then you will enjoy this easy recipe!
Top Review by momofallboys
This was different. I'm still not sure I liked it, lol. DH thought it was great. I really liked the sauerkraut but I think it was the sweetness of the dressing that threw me off. I'll be the first to admit it - I've never had a real reuben so I didn't know what to expect.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, bone in
- seasoning salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained (press out excess liquid)
- 4 slices swiss cheese, more if desired (4x6-inches)
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled thousand island dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9" baking pan or a cookie sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper; place in prepared baking pan.
- Place sauekraut evenly over the chicken pieces.
- Top with the Swiss cheese slices.
- Pour the salad dressing evenly over the cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley before serving.