Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mexican resturaunt style red salsa. Fresh lemon juice and cilantro give fresh flavors, while canned tomatoes cut time. You can choose how hot you and your family like yours. Great with chips or on mexican dishes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes (whichever flavor you prefer, hot, mild etc)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- extra jalapenos or serrano pepper (optional)
- Combine all cans and ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend until desired consistency is achieved.
I have tried many salsa recipes, trying to find something that tasted just like the mexican restaurant, but there was always something not quite right. And now I have found the perfect recipe. Thanks so much!
I made this last night for tonight's dinner. Everyone raved about it. I guess you could say I quadrupled the recipe, because I used three 28 oz. cans of tomatoes. I only used one can of rotel, but I followed the rest of the recipe pretty much, oh I did add 1/4 cup of finley chopped sweet onion and jalapeno peppers. It was better than most resturaunts that I've tried.
This was quick and easy to make. I didn't have cilantro so I used parsley. Thanks!